Environmental Initiatives Thrive on Diversity and Collaboration
Environment Network Manawatu Inc. (ENM) is a coordinating organisation and network that encourages and fosters Manawatu-based environmental initiatives. ENM was formed in 2000 (and incorporated in 2001) with the aim of improving communication, coordination, and cooperation between environmental community groups. ENM currently (Autumn 2017) has nearly fifty diverse environmental member groups, active in areas ranging from biodiversity to sustainable living and amenity. Our constitutional purposes are to:
- coordinate and communicate the efforts of the member groups to enhance the local environment;
- act as a central point of access to environmental information;
- advocate for ecological sustainability and matters of agreed environmental significance;
- work in partnership with iwi to recognise kaitiakitanga and environmental aims and objectives in common;
- liaise with similar organisations elsewhere in New Zealand and around the world as appropriate, to source and share ideas for environmental projects and issues.
We are Governed by Our Members
ENM is governed by a Management Committee drawn from our member groups and affiliate members and elected to two-year terms by our member group representatives. The Committee takes an active role in the organisation, and sets the direction for staff activities.
ENM holds its Annual General Meeting in September or October each year, and a Special General Meeting approximately six months later. All are welcome at our meetings.
Members may request a copy of Management Committee minutes from the ENM Administrator.
We are Grateful to Our Many Supporters
- Palmerston North City Council (PNCC)
- Lottery Community
- The Positive Futures Trust
- Palmerston North City Environmental Trust
- Eastern and Central Community Trust
- Pub Charity
- The Working Together More Fund
- Horizons Regional Council (HRC)
- The Square Trust
- The Lion Foundation
- Community Employment Group (CEG)
- The Manawatu Tree Trust